The Spellodrome courses have been developed in accordance with the 2014 National Curriculum’s statutory requirements for spelling.
- The Reception programme includes words containing grapheme-phoneme correspondences (GPCs) and some sight words.
- The year 1 and 2 programmes continue to build on phonic knowledge while introducing the role of morphology and etymology.
- The year 3 and 4 programmes consolidates digraphs, morphemic knowledge, vocabulary development, difficult spellings and words which are frequently misspelt.
- In years 5 and 6 the students study some of the more difficult spelling rules, continue to expand their morphemic knowledge and use etymological knowledge to develop an understanding of why some words have such unusual spellings.
- The following outline maps the Spellodrome courses to the National Curriculum in England.